Keeping You Safe
Your health and safety has always been our top priority and we have always had very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We want you to be confident that when you visit us for an appointment, you are coming in to a safe and clean environment, so that you can enjoy the time you spend with us and we can continue to provide you with high quality Podiatry care.
We are taking the current Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation very seriously, because it affects all of us. This means that we have reviewed all of our current practices, standard operating procedures, protocols and treatments, in line with guidance from Public Health England, NHS and the College of Podiatry to ensure that we can continue to provide you with safe treatment. Our clinical staff will be wearing full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and adhering to social distancing whenever possible. We will, as always, be washing our hands regularly.
When you attend for your Podiatry appointment, things will be rather different to what you are used to, so please read the following information prior to your appointment:
IF, ON THE MORNING OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOU DON’T FEEL WELL, PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE CLINIC – PLEASE PHONE US TO CANCEL – YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR THIS.
What to expect when you attend for your Podiatry appointment:
- The door may be locked, but our staff will be expecting you so please don’t panic!
- On arrival for your appointment, your temperature will be checked. If you have a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or above (as advised by NHS/PHE) you will not be admitted for treatment and will be advised to follow NHS/PHE guidelines regarding self-isolation. Anyone refusing to have their temperature taken will not be admitted.
- You will be asked to wash your hands thoroughly when you arrive on the premises.
- Whilst you are on the premises (and in general) please avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- In line with government guidance, we request that you wear a face-covering. If possible, this must be supplied by you, however we will have masks available for you to purchase if you do not have one.
- Please maintain the 2m social distancing rules wherever you can whilst you are on the premises.
- Contactless payments are available and are the preferred payment method.
- Wherever possible, please attend for your appointment on your own.
- Please don’t come too early for your appointment as you may have to wait outside.
- Following advice from our professional body, we are increasing our appointment times to allow social distancing between clients and to reduce the risk of you meeting other clients whilst on the premises.